Austin! I love this city! This is my favorite city in Texas and possibly the country. I am fortunate enough to have a ton of friends that live there, so it is easy for me to visit often. I could come up with a month’s worth of activities for you to do while in Austin, but for now, here are five of my favorite places to visit.
1. Barton Springs – During the summer, which lasts 8 months out of the year here, this is a great place to go to stay cool. It is a man-made swimming pool in the heart of Zilker Park.
2. Toy Joy - This is the best toy store ever! Great for kids and adults. You’ll never know what they will have.
3. Franks - They call themselves the “Purveyors of Artisan Sausage.” This place has the fanciest and most delicious hot dogs ever. Franks is also known for their bacon infused vodka.
4. Peter Pan Mini Golf - This place has been around since 1946. There is a variety of huge characters on their two 18-hole putt putt golf courses. Great people watching can be done here and they allow you to bring in your own beverages.
5. South Congress - you can spend an entire afternoon down here. It is full of great boutiques, restaurants/food trucks, and different art galleries.